The Machu Picchu peppers had already gotten too big for their initial pots, so a week or so ago we moved them on!
Carefully holding only the leaf, we gently lifted them out of their trays – keeping all of the roots in tact.
Using a dibber we made enough of a hole in the new pots and gently pushed them into position, pressing them down a little. Then it’s just a case of covering the compost up around them up again so that only the leaves were showing.
They immediately looked a lot happier!
However, the above photo was taken a couple of weeks ago, and they’re doing really well now. Here’s a photo of how two of the plants look about 10 days later: –
Although we know from last year that any pepper plants are going to take a long time until they’re ready to harvest, so there’s a good few months to go yet!